Alternative Location: Plan B
Well the calendar says it is spring but it really hasn’t felt like it in Washington, DC. With this in mind, I have been thinking about brides and grooms who want to have their wedding outdoors. Nature is wonderful and can be breathtaking however we still don’t have control over it.
So what is the purpose of this rant have a “Plan B”, alternative location. I know this is unpopular but Mother Nature has her own mind. If you prepare yourself your day will be perfect for you and your vendors.
Spring time is almost here. For me, that means there are some wonderful blooms to choose from.
Some of these blooms are highly fragrant. So if you are making an arrangement keep that in mind. Other than that enjoy the spring.
Adam Levine’s wife, Behati Prinsloo, gown made the color of the year, Marsala, come to life. This dress was absolutely stunning. The colors were also inspiration for this table.
For those that love this color combination, the table can be used for a romantic night out or at your wedding reception.
Don’t be afraid of color; after all what would life be like without it!
Have you chosen your colors????
Well this years Pantone’s color of the year is Marsala.
Pantone describes it as “A naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls.” This is a great color for romance now.
For those that do not prefer red, there are designer that are interpreting marsala for a dusty mauve. Enjoy the color of the year.
From our experience one of the debates for brides……………………………
What are my bridesmaids going to wear?
Before you head to a bridal salon, there are a few factors you should consider:
- What time of year are you getting married? In the winter, long sleeve dress are great but in the summer, velvet may not be the best choice.
- Where are you getting married? The venue may help to inspire you and help you determine the formality of the event. Also if you are getting married in a religious establishment, you may have additional considerations before your bridal party walks down the aisle.
- What time of the day you will be married? An evening affair can make it easier to choose longer length gowns.
- Set a budget for the dress. Unless you are purchasing all the bridesmaid’s dresses, they may have monetary restrains that need to be taken into consideration. After all they will have to buy shoes, travel to events, etc…
- Have you chosen your wedding party.
Gaby & Connie