What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
Shakespeare penned it correctly (from Romeo and Juliet). For weddings, roses are a popular flower and the great part is they are available all year long. This is great for those that love roses. There are three common types of roses: spray roses, standard roses and garden roses.
For theses that love color roses are an excellent option. Roses come in shades of white, red, pink, purple, yellow, green, peach/coral and orange.
Morris Gardens does an excellent job of providing the meanings of the shades of roses. Popular wedding color meanings are:
- Red- love, beauty, romantic love
- White- Happy love
- Pink- Perfect happiness
- Lavender- Love at first site
What every color you decide, roses can be an great choice for your wedding. Enjoy the image below from Flirty Fluer.
- I Think Shakespeare Likes Roses (english403fall13.wordpress.com)
- Yellow Pink Rose – Ajaytao (ajaytao2010.wordpress.com)
- Rose gardens – can you smell the scent of paradise? (plewspottingshed.wordpress.com)